Photo: Indivisible Eastside-WA
Congressional leaders from both parties have called on AG William Barr to release the full, unredacted Mueller report to Congress. So far, he has refused, offering instead to make a redacted version public by mid-April. Attend one of 9 #ReleaseTheReport protests in Maine on April 4 and ask your members of Congress to call Barr to testify before Congress if he refuses to give them the full report.
Attorney General William Barr’s 4-page summary of the report from special counsel Robert Mueller included just 81 words from the more than 300-page investigation of the involvement of the Trump campaign and administration in the Russian interference in the 2016 election. Key questions remain unanswered on a number of issues, including further explanation of what Mueller uncovered with regard to charges against Trump for obstruction of justice.
Barr promised to release a redacted version to the public by mid-April, but Democratic leaders set an April 2 deadline for the release to Congress of the full, unredacted report or they would issue subpoenas. They also want Barr to testify before the House Judiciary Committee as soon as possible.
Protests calling on Barr to release the full report are planned Thursday, April 4, in more than 250 cities nationwide, including 9 locations in Maine (see below). The actions are being organized by the the Nobody is Above the Law network, a national coalition of progressive groups that also held more than 500 protests in November 2018 following the removal of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who had overseen the Mueller investigation since its launch. Maine hosted 13 protests for that action.
- Call your members of Congress and ask them to demand that Barr release the full, undredacted Trump report for Congressional review and to subpoena the report and Barr if he refuses.
- Attend a #ReleaseTheReport protest on Thursday, April 4.
- Augusta: 5-6pm at the Maine State House, 210 State Street. Organized by Capital Area Indivisible. RSVP and more information.
- Bangor: 5-6 pm at Pierce Park, 125 Harlow Street. Organized by Indivisible Bangor. RSVP and more information.
- Bar Harbor: 5-5:30 pm on the Bar Harbor Village Green. Organized by Indivisible MDI. RSVP and more information.
- Belfast: 5 pm and the intersection of High and Main Street at the Downtown traffic light. Organized by the Peace and Justice Group of Waldo County. RSVP and more information.
- Brunswick: 5:30-6pm on the Maine Street Mall & Gazebo. Organized by Brunswick Area Indivisible. RSVP and more information.
- Farmington: 5 pm at the Farmington Post Office, 196 Main Street. RSVP and more information.
- Lewiston/Auburn: 5 pm on Longley Bridge. Organized by RESIST: Central Maine. RSVP and more information.
- Machias: 5 pm on The Dike. Organized by Indivisible Washington County. RSVP and more information.
- Portland: 5 pm at Monument Square. Organized by Mainers for Accountable Leadership. RSVP and more information.
Social media hashtags: #ReleaseTheReport, #ReleaseTheFullMuellerReport, #MuellerTime
Download printable “Release the Report” placard.